- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
English for Mediators day 4
September 5 @ 10:00 - 13:00
As an instructor in several mediation courses I have been asked by the participants wether it would be possible to offer a course which would enable them to carry out mediations in English. They had been approached by all sorts of foreigners who use English as a lingua franca: Brazilians, Danes, Japanese etc. who wish to solve their conflicts in English. I thought about it and found the idea brilliant as well as feasible:
The course will be taught by Frank Günther, a colleague of mine, and myself. We will not repeat what is learnt in normal mediation course(s) but teach you the language skills and techniques that you need for the mediation process:
– Inviting and instructing your clients
– Structuring the landscape of their issues and concerns
– Leading them away from their positions to their interests and needs
– Non-Violent Communication skills
– Questioning techniques
– Methods and tools for a successful conflict solution
Throughout the course topics can be added and fine tuned according to the requests and needs of participants.
Your English language skills should be on Level B1/B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) or higher.
Dates: 28th and 29th August and 4th and 5th September
Time: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Course fee: 320 €
There will be two informational zoom meetings for this course:
Dates: 28th July and 5th August; Time: 6 – 7 p.m.